What is personal data?
Personal data is anything that identifies you as an individual. For example, your name, email address, an ID number etc. are personal data.
Our legal obligations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the law on data protection and privacy for individuals in the EU. It means we must tell you the following things about your personal data that we collect:
- How we collect it
- If it is shared with anyone else
- How it will be used, and our “lawful basis” under GDPR, for using it this way
- Hold long we hold it for
- Your rights regarding your personal data that we hold, how you can request a copy of it and request we remove it from our records.
(You can find out more about the GDPR at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website. The ICO is the data protection regulator in the UK.)
We, The House Maker Ltd, are what is known as the Data Controller of the personal data we collect. This means we determine the way your personal data is used.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data about you when you:
- Fill in and submit forms on this website
- Open any of our email newsletters, and click on any of the links contained in them.
Our website is protected by SSL encryption which means that the data you submit via this website is done so securely.
This website contains the following forms, and this is how we use the personal data you submit:
Lawful basis of use
|Why we think this applies
|(1) Register Interest & Sign Up for Newsletter (2) Contact & Sign Up for Newsletter||We will use your information to respond to your enquiry.
If you request us to, we will add your information to our email database and send you regular email newsletters.
|Consent||You offer us your data for the specific reason stated on the form you completed.||Ongoing. Please note: our emails always contain an unsubscribe button, so that you can stop receiving emails at anytime.|
Please note: Email newsletters always contain an ‘unsubscribe’ link so you can stop receiving emails at any time. We retain the unsubscribe information on file to make sure we do not email you again.
Like most websites, we also collect website usage information using Cookies.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer or other device, and stored there, when you visit a website, allowing the website to recognise you as a user for your visit or for repeat visits.
Cookies don’t hold personal data about you, for example they don’t store your name or email address, but they do store things like your computer settings, operating system and platform, and IP address.
- Making our website work as you’d expect and giving you a more personalised experience
- Allowing you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Google Analytics. This tells us things like how many visits we get to our website, which pages are looked at and how long visits last. It helps us make decisions about improving our website. You can choose to opt out of Google Analytics.
- Facebook Analytics. We may use a Facebook pixel on this website. This helps us tailor any Facebook and Instagram advertising we do for our website users. It also helps us measure its effectiveness. You can manage your Facebook settings to opt out.
- This website also contains content embedded from other websites e.g. YouTube and Google Maps. These sites may set their own cookies for this embedded content.
How to turn off cookies
Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to stop cookies. Please remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one.
These links explain how to manage cookies for the most popular web browsers:
Do we share your data?
Yes. We share your data with the following third parties (known as Data Processors):
- Our appointed marketing suppliers who carry out marketing activities on our behalf.
They only use your data as instructed by us and never share it with anyone besides us.
We do not sell or rent your data to any third party.
Under GDPR you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to be informed – how we collect and use your personal data
- The right of access – to request access to your personal data
- The right to rectification – to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed
- The right to erasure- (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal data erased
- The right to restrict processing – to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data
- The right to data portability – to obtain your personal data, and reuse it for your own purposes
- The right to object – to us processing your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – to request information about the processing and challenge a decision.
If you have any questions about any of your personal information that we may hold, or want to exercise your rights please contact us at:
The House Maker Ltd
18 Chesford Grange
and we will respond in 30 days.
You can visit the ICO website for more information about your individual rights.
Links to other websites
The House Maker Ltd
18 Chesford Grange
The contact details for the ICO are available on their website.